What’s the the disorder that is often confused with Asperger’s Syndrome, but has severe reality issues?
Question by BigMoose83: What’s the the disorder that is often confused with Asperger’s Syndrome, but has severe reality issues?
I have run across a disorder/syndrome during previous research on AS and subjects that had this particular “disorder” were often diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome first but later the diagnosis was changed because of the severe issues with reality (example: subject creates his/her own fantasy world, they become so involved that they cannot separate this imaginary world from reality)
Answer by Easter Eggs
autism is a more severe form of asperger’s but what you are describing about fantasy worlds sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. autism is not associated with trouble distinguishing between reality and fiction…
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming search terms:
- aspergers and difficulty understanding fiction
- aspergers and distinguishing reality
- Aspergers syndrome / fantasy from reality
- aspergers syndrome confused with
- confusing reality with fantasy
- syndromes confused with autism
- trouble distinguishing reality from fantasy